Hellooooo blog lovers and book lovers! I have been meaning to do this tag for a very long time and well I finally got around to do it 🙂
As you all know, I love doing tags, and when i found out that a book tag exists in the blogosphere there was no way I was going to not do it! I have actually did something different for this tag, its kind of a mixture of questions from book tags on the internet, either from Tumblr or other blogs, but majority are from this book tag by My Little Book Blog which i added today. So here is my book tag! hope you enjoy it and give it a go yourself as well 🙂
- What is your favourite book? – Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie
- Who is your favourite author? – I don’t really have a favourite author! There are too many to choose from!
- Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why? – Not really a style which is unique to me as I like many but I really did enjoy the writing style Giovanna Fletcher and Durjoy Dutta presented in ‘You’re The One I Want’ and ‘Impossible Love’ because I liked reading the same story from two different points of view.
- What is your favourite genre? – I love reading fantasy/science fiction/supernatural kind of books, don’t know why, buy they appeal to me. However I also really enjoy crime/thrillers too. (I can also be a sucker for romantic novels every now and then!).
- Science fiction or fantasy? – Both. Can’t choose! But a book with both will be a bonus!
- Action or romantic? – Action! (With a little bit of romance maybe?)
- Who are your favourite male and female characters? – This is a little hard to choose! Hmmm maybe Newt from The Maze Runner and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter
- Who is your favourite children’s author? – Roald Dahl
- What book are you currently reading? – The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern
- What book have you reread the most? – Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie (it’s my comfort book!)
- What was the last book you read? – You’re Never Wierd on The Internet (Almost) by Felicia Day
- What book would you like to read next? – The Little Mermaid by Han Christian Anderson
- What is your favourite book quote? There are so many! But if i had to choose it would have to be “All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.” From Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie or “have I gone mad? I’m afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.” And “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” From Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
- What is your favourite book series? – I don’t have a favourite yet, but I really did enjoy reading The Maze Runner series.
- What Hunger Games district would you be from, and which Harry Potter house would you be in? – *puts hands up in defence* I haven’t read The Hunger Games series so can’t say much about it. *i’m not done yet! Hands are still up in defence!!!* And I haven’t read all of the Harry Potter books yet! But! But I think I would be in either Ravenclaw or Gryfindor.
- When did you learn to read? – I don’t really know, I’ve kinda always had my nose in a book since being a kid!
- What was the first book that got you reading? – The Mr Men books and the Biff and Chip books where my childhood reads, absolutely loved them!
- What is the most challenging book you’ve read? – The Great Expectations by Charles Dickins. It was one of the reading requirements for English Lit and I just couldn’t get into it. But that was years and years ago so maybe I will give it another go sometime.
- Do you like to read? – Of course!
- How often do you read? – I try my best to find some time everyday to read.
- Are you a fast reader or a slow reader? – I’m not a fast reader, but I’m not a slow reader either, I am in between.
- How long does it take you to read at book? – If I’m really into it, i would complete a book in a day (also dependant on the size!) and on a bad reading phase, probably a month but in general, around a week or 2 to read a book (dependant on size again)
- Do you read one book at a time or several at once? – I try my best to read one book at a time. But if there is a book which is emotionally draining, I would take a break from it and pick up another book.
- Do you prefer paperback books or hardback books? – I am a sucker for Hardback books! (Especially pretty leather-bound and cloth-bound collections!) But as they are very expensive so majority of my books are paperback which i don’t mind to be honest 🙂
- Do you prefer physical books or read on a device (like a kindle)? – Physical books. But I do use my iPad sometimes to read.
- Do you read while in bed? – Yes
- Do you read while in the car/train/bus (during any journey really)? – Yes, it helps the journey go by quicker and distract me if I’m not feeling too great. However if reading doesn’t help, I try to go to sleep!
- Do you read in the bath? – I’m a shower person, but maybe one day I will.
- Where is your favourite place to read? – Curled up on the sofa with a blanket.
- Do you need a room to be silent while you read? – Not really. Depends on the book I think, if it’s a study book and I need to focus then yeah I need the room to be quiet (not silent. But quiet) but otherwise I’m okay reading whilst listening to music or with noise in the background.
- Books with or without illustrations? – Without illustrations, I like my imagination showing me whats written (if that makes any sense) however I love my Peter Pan book and Alice in wonderland book which does have some illustrations 🙂
- Do you wish to be a writer? – I don’t know, maybe. I do enjoy writing this blog.
- Do you read fan fiction? – Yes, I have recently been introduced to it and have read a few which instagram has recommended.
- Do you write fan fiction? – No, I do not, but hey maybe one day I will. Can consider it as a little writing practice to see if I want to be a writer ha
- Has a book ever transported you somewhere else? – Yes, all the time! (Especially Neverland) Which is why I love to read books.
- Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read? – Sometimes. There are days where I struggle reading so may not read as much as I normally do, or not be able to focus on the book I am reading, so I tend stop reading it and pick up my favourite book (comfort book) to feel a little better.
- Do you like it when books become movies? – Oooo! I don’t really know! Depends on the film and book I guess. It can be a hit of miss I guess.
- Which book was ruined by its movie adaption? – I did not enjoy The Scorch Trails when I watched it. It missed out so much from the book and changed things which I didn’t like especially because I really enjoyed reading the book!
- Which movie has done a book justice? – Hmmm… there are quite a few to be honest, the harry potter films were good (even though I have only read a couple books), I have been told that some things where missing, but I did enjoy the films. P.S I Love You was lovely! I loved both the book and film! (cried during both). Oooo also A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks was good too I think 🙂
- Bookstores or libraries? – Both, a little partial to bookstores a little though.
- How many books do you own? – MANY! I’m not going to count them! Ha (too lazy for that)
- What is the thinnest book on your shelf? – The Runaway Bride (Nancy Drew) by Carolyn Keene
- What is the thickest book on your shelf? – The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Do you smell your books? – Yes. Is that weird? I just like the smell of new books!
- What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from a book? – 2 big lessons actually. 1) Its okay to be different, embrace your individuality. 2) Always have hope.
So done! That’s the end of my Book Tag and this super long post! Hope you enjoyed reading it and do give it a go if you want to!! Tag me if you decide to complete this tag! would love to read what your answers would be 🙂
Happy ready!! and have a great day!